What's New in Zeebe: Community Projects, a Go Client Overview, Microservices Orchestration Survey, and Zeebe at Conferences and Events
It’s time for the July 2018 edition of “What’s New In Zeebe”, where we share an update of what we’re working on in between releases plus other news from the project.
Zeebe Community Projects
We have 2 community project updates from Philipp to share with you:
- Version 0.1.0 of the Zeebe Script Worker has been released, making it possible to evaluate JS, Groovy, and FEEL scripts in Zeebe. Scripts are particularly useful for creating or modifying a payload, doing simple calculations, or prototyping. The README in the GitHub repository provides helpful examples and steps for getting started.
- Zeebe Simple Monitor 0.6.0 is available, complete with Zeebe 0.11 compatibility and improved pagination on records pages.
Thanks for your contributions, Philipp!
As always, we’ll update the Community page on the Zeebe site as new projects or updates become available.
Zeebe Go Client Overview
Have questions about anything Zeebe-related? We’ve got answers!
One such Zeebe forum question this week resulted in a long, detail-rich Go client example from Sam, the Zeebe team’s go-to for all things Go. This is a writeup that many users could benefit from, and we’ll surface it as a standalone blog post, docs guide, or something similar in the near future. But until we get around to that, we wanted to highlight this forum conversation.
More generally, we’d like to encourage all of our readers to reach out to us with questions about Zeebe. Both the forum and Slack work great for us. We watch these channels closely and are standing by to get you a response.
Microservices Orchestration Survey Is Open for 10 More Days
Earlier this month, we announced Camunda’s first-ever microservices orchestration survey. We’re excited with the input we’ve received so far, and we’re on track for more than 200 responses and a whole lot of insight into the challenges users are facing as they integrate microservices.
There’s still time to share your feedback. As a reminder, you can submit a response:
- Without being required to answer every question
- In just 5-10 minutes!
As a token of our appreciation, we’ll be drawing names from respondents to give away a couple of tickets to Camunda Con 2018 in Berlin or seats in a Camunda training (your choice).
Zeebe on the Road
The one and only Bernd Rücker–Camunda co-founder and workflow extraordinaire–will be on stage at these events (and more) throughout the rest of the year:
- GopherCon UK in London on August 2
- Full Stack Fest in Barcelona on September 3-7
- CodeMotion Berlin on November 21-22
If you’d like to learn more about Zeebe in person and connect with a member of our team, it’d be great to see you there.
OK, that’s it for this month. If you’d like to stay updated about Zeebe, remember that you can:
We’ll be back with more updates next month.